Aberdeen Health & Community Services is a leader in community health services. We have been providing quality health care to thousands in need, in the Brant-Norfolk-Haldimand communities for over 100 years.
The Enterostomal Therapist provides leadership and expertise in care planning, evaluation and evidence based practice to clients in their home and the multidisciplinary team. This role in a community environment functions as a consultant, educator, researcher and client centered care coordinator.
The successful applicant will:
· Possess a current Ontario College of Nurses certification of competence as a Registered Nurse
· Certification as an Enterostomal Therapy Nurse
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree preferred.
· Current BCLS certification
· Current enterostomal experience
· Demonstrated clinical experience in the care and management of clients with ostomies, wound and skin care.
· Knowledge of community resources
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Demonstrated effective teaching skills and knowledge of adult learning principles
· Demonstrated ability to work independently an collaboratively with in the team
Call us to discuss the possibility of Aberdeen covering the cost of the ET certification course for interested Nurses.
Training and comprehensive orientation in community nursing care will be provided.
If you’re interested in being the person who makes a difference in the lives of others while working in a caring and supportive environment, we are the place for you.
Please apply in writing to:
Manager Nursing Services, Aberdeen Health & Community Services
446 Grey Street, Suite 204, Brantford, ON N3S 7L6
Fax: (519)759-7866 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org